sábado, 5 de febrero de 2011

Week 3, 4 &5

The last couple of weeks have not been easy. In week three we talked about “The Father Heart of God”, which basically in a summary talks about how there is a relationship between how we see God and how we see our father here on earth. Your relationship with your father here on earth reflects how you see God. That is powerful. So this caused me to reflect on my relationship with my father here on earth and I found that I Grew up with a very distant, authorities and punishing father on earth. Before I would also see God with these qualities, God was a distant and powerful and very punishing God. However, since my relationship with my father here on earth has changed drastically in the past couple of years, so has my relationship with God, I have changed how I view my God. My God is now a close father who I have a relationship build on trust, a healthy relationship, and God has an immense heart full of unconditional love. How many people have been hurt of have a poor concept of w ho God is because of their relationship with their father here on earth? Afterwards in week 4 we saw the topic of “relationships”. This includes all types of relationships: friendships, family, intimate, and colleagues, est. It was interesting because we talked about how sometimes there are people that you don’t love, yet God says you must love this, and how do you do this? Little by little you learn to love even the most difficult of people, hahaha and we learned that it almost always starts I with your family. This week (5) we haven’t yet finished the topic, which is sin. I thought we would speak about our own sins in our own lives and even though that probably will happen, we’re looking at sin in a general way and how sin is the cause of so much injustice in this World. The sin of one person can cause pain and injustice to a chain of people.
What have I done this week….well what haven’t I done. We went to a church and some children wouldn’t leave my side and everyone was like “surprise surprise Ineza with more children”, because it just seems that no matter where I go I always find some children haha. Oooo by the way my name in Kinyaruanda (language in Rwanda) is Ineza and there is no exact word in English or Spanish to explain it but its a little something like this: It jeans a person who has a heart full of living and who gives and is a blessing to other people. When they give you an actual Rwandan name here its a big deal because it means that they see you as a Rwandese and respect you. So yea I finally don’t have a Muzungu (white man) name haha. I’ve also been going through some other personal things like getting use to the culture here. For example here what is considered beautiful is completely different from what is considered beautiful in America. Here being fat is considered a beautiful quality to have, because it means that God has blessed you with food and that you are healthy. Media doesn’t have that big o fan influence here like videos on mtv, modeling programs, etc, to give standards as to what is “suppose to be beautiful”. Beauty here comes from who the person is and how healthy they are.
I don’t know what else to say. If you have any questions or want to know anything send me an email, lately we have more time to respond to emails. There are little details that I forget because I can’t remember to write everything, so if you have a question I’ll be more than happy to respond. It can be about anything: culture, life in Africa, lectures, etc. Please pray about our out reach because it is going to be in Congo, and we are yet not sure about the other countries, we were planning on going to Burundi but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen. It’s definite that we are going to Congo, the only thing I can say about that at the moment is please pray for us and for protection. May God Bless You. Blessings to All.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario